Pet Airlines Info & Travel Links
- Traveling to Hawaii for the 5 Day or less Program AVOID 120 DAY QUARANTINE
- Traveling to the UK, Steps to AVOID QUARANTINE NEW RULES for EU-UK VERY EASY And NO 6-8 Months waiting or quarantine required…NEW RULES MAKE IT EASIER & CHEAPER TO BRING PETS TO UK-EU
- Bringing your cat dog or other pets to Australia, Get the Up to date details
- Looking for Pet Certificate of Acclimation, FREE Printable Live Animal forms and many other Free pet shipping form check out our Library of FREE FORMS.
- Great General Pet Travel Info from The Aviation Consumer Protections Division
- TO READ ACTUAL PET AIRLINE INCIDENTS REPORTs. Please read and learn how to avoid the most common mistakes pet owners make when traveling with loved ones.
- For USDA / Airline Pet Carrier Requirements
- For Video Instructions on How to Prepare Your Pet’s Travel Carrier/Kennel
- For a current List and Directions to Airport Pet Relief Stations Good to Print and Bring along
- Look up Any Pet Micro Chip Id Number or PetMAXX – Double check your own pets info to be certain it is correctly entered into the database before traveling or great resource if you find a lost pet with Microchip No. on collar or tag.
Summary of Airline’s Pet-Travel Policies & Info
NO LONGER IN SERVICE……At Pet Airways, An Airline for pets only and Pets fly in the cabin not in Cargo. For more info visit www.petairways.com
AirTran accepts small, domesticated pets that will fit in an approved carrier under the seat. The weight of the pet plus carrier cannot exceed 15 pounds. For more information call 800-AIRTRAN or visit www.airtran.com .
Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air allow pets in-cabin, checked as baggage, shipped as cargo, or sent through their Goldstreak service. The airlines allow one small pet in first class and up to five small pets in coach. When your pet is checked as baggage, you must travel on the same flight(s) to your pet’s destination. Temperature, size, and other breed restrictions may apply. For further information, call Alaska Airlines at 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522) or Horizon Air at 1-800-547-9308. You can also obtain information from www.alaskaair.com .
America West Airlines
America West does not accept pets in its cargo compartment. The airline limits the number of pets who may be carried on in each cabin. Pets in-cabin count toward the carry-on baggage allowance. One small domestic dog, cat, or bird per passenger is accepted in the passenger cabin. For more information call 800-235-9292 or visit www.americawest.com .
American Airlines allows pets as carry-on luggage or checked as baggage, depending upon the weight of the animal. Other temperature, size, and breed restrictions may apply. For more information, call American at 800-433-7300. You can also visit www.americanairlines.com —look for information on “Travel Assistance” under “Programs & Services.”
American Trans Air (ATA)
Small domestic animals who are kept as pets may be transported on domestic flights for a fee. Transportation of animals is subject to restrictions and space availability. Contact ATA for more information at 800-I-FLY-ATA or visit www.ata.com .
NOW RAN BY UNITED Continental allows pets to travel in-cabin or to be shipped as cargo. Temperature, size, and breed restrictions may apply. They do not accept pets checked as baggage. Continental also mandates a rest stop for any warm-blooded animal who will be in transit for 18 hours or longer. For more information, call 800-575-3335 or visit www.continental.com (look under “Traveler Services”).
Delta allows pets in-cabin year-round and checked as baggage. Temperature, size, and breed restrictions may apply. Delta limits the number of carry-on pets per flight to one in first class, one in business, and two in the main cabin. Pets are accepted on a first come, first served basis. For more information call 800-221-1212 or visit www.delta.com.
To ship an animal or pet in cargo, call 1.800.DL.CARGO (800-352-2746), option 6. PLEASE listen to the Kennel Requirements during the holding process very helpful info.
Frontier will transport one animal per passenger checked as baggage. Temperature, size, and breed restrictions may apply. For further information, contact 800-432-1FLY or visit www.frontierairlines.com .
Northwest Airlines-Priority Pet (NOW Ran by DELTA)
Northwest (Delta) allows pets in-cabin, checked as baggage, or shipped via VIP Same Day Package Service or cargo. Temperature, size, and breed restrictions may apply. You can get more information by calling Northwest at 800-692-2746 or visiting www.nwa.com .
Lufthansa allows pets in-cabin, checked baggage or as cargo. They specialize in flights in and out of USA, UK, Japan and Germany. You can get additional information by calling the general reservation line 800-645-3880 or visit their animal travel page.
NOW ACCEPTING up to 5 SMALL PETS in Cabin as carry-on, or larger pets trained to assist people with disabilities. Southwest Airlines still does not accept live animals traveling as Checked baggage or in the cargo area of the plane, . For more information, visit www.southwest.com .
United Airlines allows pets to travel in-cabin or to be shipped as cargo. Temperature, size and breed restrictions may apply. For further information, call 800-241-6522 or visit www.ual.com .
US Airways allows pets to be carried on, checked as baggage, or shipped as cargo. Temperature, size, and breed restrictions may apply. For further information, contact US Airways at 800-371-4771 or visit www.usair.com .
Midwest Pet Premier Program Small airline but great pet travel programs. 800-452-2022 www.midwestairlines.com